Napoli star Lorenzo Insigne reiterated that Maurizio Sarri betrayed the club by joining Serie A champions Juventus, while the captain said he wants to retire at Stadio San Paolo.
Former Napoli head coach Sarri angered players and fans in Naples when he swapped Premier League outfit Chelsea for rivals Juventus last month.
Sarri guided Napoli to three consecutive top-three finishes during his time at the club before leaving for Chelsea in 2018.
Insigne was vocal at the time, warning a move to Juve would represent a betrayal of Napoli and the club icon stood by his comments on Monday.
I said it and I say it again, for us Neapolitans, that was a betrayal, Insigne said during a Q A session.
Now we have to focus on ourselves and try to beat him. The S…
Everton confirmed Frank Lampard s dismissal due to recent results and the current league position amid reports Toffees owner Farhad Moshiri wants to appoint Marcelo Bielsa.
Former Chelsea boss Lampard kept Everton in the Premier League last season with victory in their penultimate match, but they sit 19th in this campaign with 20 games played.
A 2-0 defeat to fellow strugglers West Ham on Saturday proved the final straw for Lampard, whose side had lost eight of their last nine matches in all competitions.
Everton sacked Lampard earlier on Monday but only finally announced the difficult decision at 8:15pm local time.
Everyone at Everton would like to thank Frank and his coaching staff for their service during what has been a challenging 12 months, a club …
Barcelona goalkeeper Neto could spend time on the sideline after spraining his left ankle in Wednesday s narrow Copa del Rey win over Ibiza.
Neto suffered the injury when he collided with team-mate Clement Lenglet and an Ibiza player in the 50th minute of the 2-1 victory.
The 30-year-old Brazilian was able to complete the match but will undergo testing on Thursday to determine the extent of the issue, Barca confirmed in a statement.
Neto was making his fourth appearance for the club since arriving from LaLiga rivals Valencia in the close season.
NETO INJURY | Details:
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona)
Barca needed two late Antoine Griezmann goals to avoid embarrassment against their third-tier opponents, who took a shock ninth-minute lead…
Luka Modric has agreed a 12-month contract extension with Real Madrid, according to . The Italian transfer reported back in January that the agreement was practically imminent, with Modric s current deal set to expire at the end of the season. Modric is now tied to Real until the summer of 2022.
The creative midfielder joined Real from Tottenham Hotspur in 2012. He quickly and quietly became one of the most important players in the team that went on to win four Champions League trophies, and even now, at the age of 35, his contribution to their overall quality is immense. That could clearly be seen as they knocked out Liverpool in the Champions League quarterfinals, particularly in the first leg where he brilliantly set up Vinicius Junior for the final goal of the game. In all …
Stephanie Frappart will referee the crucial World Cup clash between Germany and Costa Rica, where she will become the first female to take charge of a game at the men s tournament in its 92-year history.
Frappart will be in the middle for the Group E encounter at Al Bayt Stadium on Thursday, in which both teams can still qualify for the knockout stage in Qatar.
She was one of three female referees selected as part of the pool for the World Cup in May, along with Salima Mukansanga of Rwanda and Yoshimi Yamashita of Japan.
Frappart is no stranger to making history in the international game, having also been the first woman to officiate a men s World Cup qualifying match in March 2021 between the Netherlands and Latvia.
This Thursday, an all-female refereein…
Diego Simeone has demanded his players give their all to get Atletico Madrid s season back on track but admitted they are competing well and have the desire after being knocked out of the Copa del Rey by Real Sociedad on Wednesday.
Goals in each half from Adnan Januzaj and Alexander Sorloth were enough to consign the Rojiblancos to a 2-0 defeat at Reale Arena, their seventh loss in their last 12 games in all competitions.
It means that it has been four seasons since Atletico reached the quarter-finals of the Copa dey Rey, having not done so since the 2017-18 campaign.
It is the second time in six days that Atletico have been eliminated from a cup competition, having lost 2-1 to Athletic Bilbao in the semi-final of the Supercopa de Espana last week in Saudi Arabi…
Lautaro Martinez is delighted to be delivering success for Inter and says the arrivals of Antonio Conte, Romelu Lukaku and a new system have inspired his outstanding form.
Argentina international Martinez has scored 13 goals in 19 games across all competitions for the Nerazzurri this season, already trumping his tally of nine strikes in his debut 2018-19 campaign.
The 22-year-old s goals have fired Inter to the top of Serie A, a point clear of Juventus after 14 matches.
Martinez came into the campaign full of confidence after netting twice at the Copa America, yet he suggests life back at Inter would still have been tough had Luciano Spalletti remained at the helm, preferring a formation with a lone striker.
Instead, Spalletti and captain Mauro Icardi de…
Arsenal have completed the signing of Leandro Trossard from Brighton and Hove Albion for a reported £27million.
The Belgium international has agreed a long-term deal at Emirates Stadium, which is thought to run through until July 2027.
Premier League leaders Arsenal confirmed the news on their official website on Friday, with the versatile midfielder eligible to play against Manchester United this weekend.
It is good work from everyone at the club to complete the signing of Leandro, Mikel Arteta said.
He is a versatile player with high technical ability, intelligence and a great deal of experience in the Premier League and at international level.
Leandro strengthens our squad as we head into the second part of the season and we’re all looki…
Sadio Mane has become the latest big name to quit European football for the Saudi Pro League as he joins Al-Nassr from Bayern Munich.
The 31-year-old Senegal forward spent just a single season in Germany having moved to Bayern from Liverpool last summer and now departs for a reported £34million.
Mane struggled for form and during a tough season he suffered an injury that ruled him out of the 2022 World Cup and was fined and suspended by Bayern after a training ground bust-up with team-mate Leroy Sane.
He has now completed a move to Saudi Arabia, where he will team up with Cristiano Ronaldo and Marcelo Brozovic at Al-Nassr, having also been linked with Al-Ahli and a reunion with former Liverpool team-mate Roberto Firmino.
Sadio Mané has joined Al Nassr f…
David de Gea is no stranger to scrutiny at Old Trafford.
There were serious concerns over De Gea when he was lured to Manchester United by former boss Alex Ferguson as a lean 20-year-old goalkeeper in 2011.
De Gea, though, answered questions about his physique – the Spaniard repaying Ferguson s faith and going on to win a Premier League title, as well as FA Cup, Europa League, EFL Cup and Community Shield silverware.
He cemented himself as one of the world s best keepers. However, those concerns have emerged again and they are growing louder following his horror show in Sunday s 3-1 FA Cup semi-final loss to Chelsea.
It was a Wembley nightmare for De Gea, who was unable to keep out Olivier Giroud s effort in the final minute of first-half stoppage time.…